During Wednesday’s Media lesson, we followed through on our plans from yesterday. We conducted camera and lighting tests, and secured locations. Surprisingly, we discovered that, although we had only one working spotlight in the Dark Room, that one spotlight was enough to lit the entire set and give us the exact look and feel that we wanted and that we felt worked best for the film.
Darine and Diana went to secure the location for the pub, while I went and took pictures of possible locations of where the opening shots of the car could be filmed. I took photos of various places (all of which were within walking distance of school), and although I did find some locations that I thought worked well, the best was truly for last. What is meant by this is, the last place where I took photos was the best place I think we can shoot. It is, literally, a two minute work away from school, and it is a cobblestone road which leads to a condemned building surrounded by scaffolds and hazard tape. This location, I feel, gives off the perfect moody and dangerous atmosphere that our film needs, and it can double for the exterior of Izabella’s hideout effortlessly.
The location we wanted to shoot in was closed for the morning, but we decided that we would simply have to continue on with what we were doing. Darine and Diana agreed that they would go on a shopping trip to buy the props and costumes we needed for the next lesson’s shoot. Darine also ordered a wig (which was modelled after Uma Thurman’s in ‘Pulp Fiction,’ and is, we feel, the perfect wig for Izabella’s character [given our intention to pay homage and reference to its’ writer/director, Quentin Tarantino]). The wig would be in for the next afternoon, but not the next morning, so we decided that we would simply shoot Diana’s shots, and try to get all the coverage from all the angles we needed.
Darine and Diana went to secure the location for the pub, while I went and took pictures of possible locations of where the opening shots of the car could be filmed. I took photos of various places (all of which were within walking distance of school), and although I did find some locations that I thought worked well, the best was truly for last. What is meant by this is, the last place where I took photos was the best place I think we can shoot. It is, literally, a two minute work away from school, and it is a cobblestone road which leads to a condemned building surrounded by scaffolds and hazard tape. This location, I feel, gives off the perfect moody and dangerous atmosphere that our film needs, and it can double for the exterior of Izabella’s hideout effortlessly.
The location we wanted to shoot in was closed for the morning, but we decided that we would simply have to continue on with what we were doing. Darine and Diana agreed that they would go on a shopping trip to buy the props and costumes we needed for the next lesson’s shoot. Darine also ordered a wig (which was modelled after Uma Thurman’s in ‘Pulp Fiction,’ and is, we feel, the perfect wig for Izabella’s character [given our intention to pay homage and reference to its’ writer/director, Quentin Tarantino]). The wig would be in for the next afternoon, but not the next morning, so we decided that we would simply shoot Diana’s shots, and try to get all the coverage from all the angles we needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment